Does Retro Fitness have a pool?
Ready to make a splash?
Swimming pools aren't just for lazy summer days. They offer everything from intense muscle-strengthening sessions to a tranquil oasis for relaxation. You're in good company: thousands of people out there recognize all the advantages of swimming—especially when it comes to fitness.
Let us paint this amazing gym combo for ya:
- Recovery: Unwind and cool off after a vigorous workout.
- Training: Perfect your stroke, swim for endurance, or gear up for competitive events.
- Recreation: With pools designed for both youngsters and adults, they're the perfect spot for family fun and bonding.
At gymscompared.com, we provide a comprehensive guide to the best pool facilities across the nation. No matter how you use the pool and aqua amenities we've got you covered. Dive in with us!
So what about Retro Fitness?
No pool at any Retro Fitness gyms. And we've done our homework: we checked every single web page of theirs, and connected with customer care. Thumbed through Facebook and Instagram pages, too.
Why doesn't Retro Fitness have pools?
We have a good read on Retro Fitness, understanding who they are and what they offer to their members. This is based off their website, social, price-point and reviews. Along with our experience in the industry, we too have asked, why doesn't Retro have pools? Our best guesses:
- It would drive up membership costs. So many different things need to happen to install and maintain a pool properly. We're talking about cleaning, chemicals, and certifying that all is properly running correctly. That requires an enormous initial (and ongoing!) cost—that will have to be paid by members.
- With their basic Flex membership at a low $19.99 in some locations, raising prices isn't gonna fly with members. This is value-oriented pricing structure that won't support a higher cost for a pool.
- There (probably) isn't alot of space, or enough space, at Retro locations. See below for how they decide to fill up their gyms.
- Pools aren't a primary focus for this gym chain. Retro already offers up
- Group fitness classes
- Cardio and strength training areas
- Functional training (turf)
- Tanning and massage chairs
- Smoothie bars!
You can see how Retro gyms enhance their members' experience with so many other different options—just not with a pool.
Will they have pools in the future?
We don't think so. Adding pools to existing Snap Fitness clubs would require significant building, resource and operational changes—in addition to raising prices. Unless they open brand new locations that are built front the ground up, we don't think pools are coming anytime soon.
If this gym chain is on your list to join, take advantage of their great pricing and different amenity features.
Still looking for a pool nearby?
Don't worry, we've got you covered. By our count as of September 2023, there are 1,090 gyms with a swimming pool in the country. While Anytime Fitness isn't one of them, there are about ~13 different chains that do.
Need the full list? Head over to our gyms with swimming pools homepage to search for your next aqua adventure.
Or, search by gym chain below.
Some locations in these gym chains have a pool.