Does In-Shape Health Clubs have a pool?
Looking to dive in?
Whether its a serious, strength building water workout—or a leisurely, relaxing dip to cool off... Swimming pools are an amazing amenity and activity for all. You're not alone: millions out there have also realized the immense benefits that a swimming pool can bring, especially in the fitness sense.
Now, combine this amazing amenity to go alongside your daily workout. It's the perfect pairing:
- Post workout - to relax, soothe and cool down
- Your actual workout - to swim laps, practice your form, and even prepare for competition
- To play - many pools are purposely built for kids and parents alike, to enjoy socialize and play
Here at gymscompared.com, we've got the ultimate list of pools in the country. Beware though—pools are in high demand, and not every gym will have one. Read on for more details.
Tell me more about pools at In-Shape! Do they have them?
Wow! Nearly all of In-Shape health clubs have a pool! An amazing 93% of their locations, in fact.
Which In-Shape gym has a pool?
We're tracking 45 different In-Shape Health Club locations, scattered around central California primarily. 41 of them have a pool!
Are the pools at In-Shape free?
No additional charge to use the pools at In-Shape, it's included in your monthly membership cost.
What else do I need to know about the pools at In-Shape?
We count 35 locations with an indoor pool, and 18 locations with an outdoor pool. Wait—that's more than In-Shape's 45 total gyms?
That's right. 9 of their gyms have two pools—both indoor and outdoor. They take their swimming seriously!
Auite incredible, and an awesome benefit for members. In fact, across the country, we count thousands of gyms that don't even have a single pool. If you're in California and looking to dive in (for leisure or workout), In-Shape offers variety like no other.
Are the pools heated?
Yes. All of their indoor pools are heated! What about their 18 outdoor ones? 12 of those are heated.
To what exact temp? We're not quite sure, but nearly every other gym chain has theirs between 80ºF (27ºC) to 84ºF. Expect the same at In-Shape.
What kind of pools does In-Shape have?
They offer quite the variety, with many of their locations with multiple water options. Some of the different pools we've seen at this gym chain:
- Lap pools - Excellent for true exercise where you may swim "laps." We counted a single location (Vacaville) with a massive 6-lane setup. Other gyms have 5, 4, and 3 lane setups as well.
- Family swim - Time set aside for families to gather and hit the water together
- Outdoor pools
- Indoor pools
Does In-Shape offer aqua classes?
Yes, and quite the variety too. Classes they offer:
- Aqua Combat - Cardio mixed with resistance training in the pool. Others have described this as explosive and mixed-martial arts inspired!
- Aqua Fit - Total body workout for seniors that's easy on the joints
- Aqua Zumba - stretching, twisting, splashing Zumba workouts, aqua friendly
Wow. In-Shape takes swimming seriously. Nearly every single one of their locations has a pool, and many of them have multiple.
There are also country-club like options, allowing you to dive into an upscale feel.
Aqua classes are also robust and plentiful.
All-in-all, In-Shape checks off numerous boxes for swimmers (or parents of kids who just want to get wet!). We're super impressed with the variety and depth of options with their pools. Highly recommended swim options that we can't wait to try out.