Does 24 Hour Fitness have a pool?
Can't wait to dive in?
Whether its a serious, strength building water workout—or a leisurely, relaxing dip to cool off... Swimming pools are an amazing amenity and activity for all. You're not alone: millions out there have also realized the immense benefits that a swimming pool can bring, especially in the fitness sense.
Now, combine this amazing amenity to go alongside your daily workout. It's the perfect pairing:
- Post workout - to relax, soothe and cool down
- Your actual workout - to swim laps, practice your form, and even prepare for competition
- To play - many pools are purposely built for kids and parents alike, to enjoy socialize and play
Here at gymscompared.com, we've got the ultimate list of pools in the country. Whatever your aqua desires are, we're here to help. Read on for more.
Tell me more about pools at 24 Hour Fitness! Do they have them?
They sure do. 24 Hour Fitness is one of the best gym chains out there that offer pools. Nearly all of their locations have one!
Aqua activities are integral to the membership offerings with this chain, something that many other gyms can't say.
(Aqua addicted? Not only do most of their clubs have a pool, you'll find a steam and sauna room nearby—as well as a significant amount of hot tubs/whirpools).
So, which 24 Hour Fitness gyms have a pool?
A lot of them! As of November 2023, there are 283 total gyms in their network. Amazingly, 83% of them have a pool, which is exactly 235 different locations.
That covers multiple states, and especially many cities across Northern and Southern California.
When digging into 24's website, we saw how important this amenity is to their total offering. Whether it was larger, Super-Sport clubs, or even their smallest footprint Active locations: pools were nearly always included.
I've personally attended many of their new club openings in the past few years, and guess what? The majority of them had a pool.
Free to use the pools at 24?
You got it. All members have unlimited usage of the pool (if your membership gym of choice has a pool available).
Tell me more about the pools at 24 Hour Fitness.
Most of 24's pools are indoor, and are setup to have swim lanes. Typically, their pools are next to the whirlpool and/or hot tubs. Makes sense as these aqua amenities are used often at the same time. We've seen some sauna/steam rooms nearby too (San Ramon, CA for example) but also individual gender-specific saunas can be found inside locker rooms.
Are the pools heated?
To what exact temp? We're not quite sure, but most gyms keep theirs between 80ºF (27ºC) to 84ºF.
What is the length of 24 Hour Fitness pools?
We don't have the exact length of their pools, but it's on our list to check! We do have some great info on the types of pools, and other things to expect. Let's dive in:
- 24 Hour Fitness features "Lap Pools" - Excellent for true exercise where you may swim "laps." We counted a single location (La Paz. Laguna Niguel) with a massive, outdoor 5-lane setup.
- We count at least 30 of their locations to have either 4-or-5-lane swimming pools.
- The sweet spot seems to be the indoor 3-lane setup, with over 105 of their gyms with that setup.
- 2-lane pools are less common, coming in at around 20 of their total.
Are 24 Hour Fitness pools indoor?
You bet—nearly all of them are indoors. Of the 235 gyms with pools with this chain:
- 229 are indoors, which is great for all you Winter swimmers out there. An indoor pool means a year-round option to dive in without freezing your butt off. Your aqua exercise need not halt in December.
- 6 of their pools are outdoor, where you can enjoy the water under the sun. These are built in warmer climates: San Diego, Los Angeles and Hawaii! Can't wait to try out their "newly constructed, outdoor 4-lane" beauty in Kapolei, HI.
Does 24 Hour Fitness offer aqua classes?
Aqua - A cardio and resistance workout using buoyant weights and noodles.
Aqua Zumba - A dance class pool party. Pretty wild lol! I always saw a huge group of senior citizens doing this in the early morning at the location I was going to.
Aqua Bootcamp - Conditioning drills great for muscle building. Awesome for your cardiovascular system.
So, for all you swimmers: 24 Hour Fitness is a solid option for you to check out. We're a fan of their general (really big! amenity set), so the pool goes along well with their sauna, steam and more.
They also rank second in the country with the sheer amount of locations with a pool (235), so finding one nearby to you should be easy.