Is New York Sports Club open 24 hours a day?
So, what about New York Sports Club? Are they open 24-hours-a-day?
They definitely do not have 24/7 locations. NYSC closes their doors every night at all 35 of their locations.
Shouldn't New York Sports Club be open 24/7 in uh, New York?
We think they absolutely should. In NYC, a population of 8 million, this sounds like a huge opportunity to capitalize on. Whether it's working professionals getting off work (really) late, or emergency/fire/police crews with super early shifts—we're sure that there's demand for a gym with all night hours.
Did you know that there isn't a single gym in NYC that is open for workouts 24/7? In the city that never sleeps, this is actually quite astonishing. You heard us: we can't count a single location for you to workout in the late hours.
Why doesn't New York Sports Club have gyms open 24 hours a day?
Managing a gym that is open all night long comes with a ton challenges. A combo of these things will help guide the gym chain to determine if the location should be open or not. Some issues that we've seen:
- Is the city/county "OK" with the hours? Smaller locales have stricter rules.
- What safety requirements are needed to maintain a gym in case something goes wrong? Certain equipment (usually plate-loaded Olympic lifting platforms) may need staff on hand at all times.
- Is there enough demand from the members to attend in the middle of the night?
- Does the gym have enough staffing/resources to support all-night-hours?
Will New York Sports Club get all night hours?
Great question. Unfortunately, we don't have an answer at this moment. Sometimes we get reader tips, or have an inside scoop. Neither in this case.
What other gyms are in New York City?
You can find the full list of NYC gyms here. Besides New York Sports Club, there's Equinox, Crunch Fitness and Blink Fitness. And yep, none are open 24/7.
So what time does NYSC open?
Every location has their own specific hours. But, most of the gyms we've seen from NYSC are open:
- Monday: 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Tuesday: 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Wednesday: 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Thursday: 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Friday: 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Saturday: 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Sunday: 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM
These operating hours aren't as good as other gym chains we're tracking. We'd like to see 5:00 AM on weekdays, and 11:00 PM closures across the board. If open-all-night-hours aren't offered, then they need to expand their current offering.
Final words with New York Sports Club
Not a single New York Sports Club gym is open 24/7. We're definitely surprised—this was the chain we thought would for sure provide for those in Manhattan. We do think adding this as an amenity would give them an enormous advantage in the city—only time will tell.
Still on the hunt for a late night workout?
Check out the master list of all gyms that have 24/7 hours. Check it out: https://www.gymscompared.com/amenities/what-gyms-are-open-24-hours-a-day