Is Crunch Fitness open 24 hours a day?
We know why you're here! You're in search of a place to workout at all hours of the day.
So, is Crunch Fitness open 24-hours-a-day?
Yep! A few select locations from Crunch have up all night workout hours. We count 39 of their 292 locations that feature this amenity, which accounts for just 13% of their gyms. While it's not a huge number, those 39 clubs allow you access for your favorite workouts at anytime. We see many of those 39 with turf areas, massage options and tanning. Olympic lifting platforms with 24-hour-access are only available at two of their locations.
Which Crunch locations are open 24/7?
You've come to the right place. We're the largest database of gyms in the country, and even Crunch's website won't let you search for their 24-hour-a-day locations. That's right—you need to search each club individually on their site.
But, you can do that here! Scroll to the bottom of this page to see those exact gyms. Here's an easy summary—we count 39 total Crunch locations open all night, with:
- 5 in Alabama
- 4 in California
- 3 in Kentucky and Mississippi
- 1 in North Carolina and Tennessee
- 2 in Georgia, Oklahoma and South Carolina
- 16 in Texas
Tell me more Crunch Fitness' all night hours. Is it staffed?
Crunch clubs are staffed all day (and night). That means the front door is normally unlocked, and it requires you check-in at the front desk as you enter. (This is unlike unstaffed all-night-chains where you 'beep' in with a card/key-fob like a 24/7 hotel).
A staffed late night workout, say 2am, means that there is an employee on hand. We like that because it:
- Gives you peace of mind that someone is nearby, if anything at all is needed.
- In an emergency situation (earthquake, fire, health, accident), a trained employee can lend a hand or even alert you to the issue.
- You've got help at all times. That's for login/membership, purchasing retail items, broken equipment or even changing the channel on tv's.
Why aren't all Crunch gyms open all night?
It really depends. Gyms that are considering all-night-hours have to figure out a few important things:
- Is there enough demand from the members? Obviously it's key here: gyms need enough members to show up at night for it to be worthwhile.
- Is the city/county in which the club resides ""OK"" with the hours? Often times, cities have restrictions on businesses operating hours.
- What safety requirements are needed to maintain a gym in case something goes wrong?
- Does Crunch have enough staffing/resources to support all-night-hours?
Will Crunch eventually open all their clubs up 24/7?
We can't say for sure, but Crunch sure does have the playbook to make this work. They can take all the standards and procedures from their current clubs and apply it to other locations. One key thing though: as a franchise-based gym chain, individual owners will have a say in if their clubs could expand hours.
So what time are non-24/7 Crunch gyms open?
It'll vary by location for those clubs of course, but the most common hours of operation that we've seen:
- Monday: 5:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Tuesday: 5:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Wednesday: 5:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Thursday: 5:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Friday: 5:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Saturday: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Sunday: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Other common variations have the same as above, but closing at 8:00PM on Sunday and/or opening weekdays as early as 4:00AM. This should satisfy the workout needs of most folks we think.
Still looking for a gym that's open all night long?
We've got you covered. This is the largest list of gyms with all-night-hours: https://www.gymscompared.com/amenities/what-gyms-are-open-24-hours-a-day
Conclusion with Crunch
With "just" 39 locations that are open 24/7, gyms from Crunch with this amenity isn't exactly widespread. Still, this perk is a rare one in the fitness industry, so we like how major cities in the country could find an all-night-long Crunch nearby. More importantly, all their other gyms have excellent operating hours, with many opening as early as 4:00 AM.
Overall, a strong showing by Crunch as a whole in this department.