Is California Family Fitness open 24 hours a day?
So, is California Family Fitness open 24-hours-a-day?
Sorry! California Family Fitness doesn't offer a 24/7 workout option. None of their 18 gyms on the West Coast have late night hours.
Will California Family Fitness get 24/7 locations? Should they offer it?
We're not sure, sorry. No insider tips or news articles for us to give you a clear answer.
Here's where it gets fun though: we also look at their available amenities, competition and overall purpose plus mission statement. At California Family Fitness, our best guess is that open-24-hours isn't a priority for this gym chain. A family friendly focused company, we don't see them reaching for late night hours as a next option or feature to introduce.
Why isn't California Family Fitness open 24 hours a day?
Managing a gym that is open all night long comes with a ton challenges. A combo of these things will help guide the gym chain to determine if the location should be open or not. Some issues that we've seen:
- Is the city/county "OK" with the hours? Smaller locales have stricter rules.
- What safety requirements are needed to maintain a gym in case something goes wrong? Certain equipment (usually plate-loaded Olympic lifting platforms) may need staff on hand at all times.
- Is there enough demand from the members to attend in the middle of the night?
- Does the gym have enough staffing/resources to support all-night-hours?
A huge caveat for In-Shape Health Clubs
As of January 2024, In-Shape Health Clubs and California Family Fitness merged into a single gym chain "In-Shape Family Fitness."
While neither of these two companies offered up 24/7 hours, it's possible that this perk could be added down the road. It's unlikely in our opinion though, as this merging is their #1 priority for all of 2024.
What time does California Family Fitness open?
Every location has their own specific hours. But, most of the gyms we've seen from California Family Fitness are open:
- Monday: 4:30 AM – 10:00 PM
- Tuesday: 4:30 AM – 10:00 PM
- Wednesday: 4:30 AM – 10:00 PM
- Thursday: 4:30 AM – 10:00 PM
- Friday: 4:30 AM – 8:00 PM
- Saturday: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Sunday: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Impressive 4:30 AM start for many clubs. Is that to accommodate busy parents prepping before their kids' school day? 7 to 7 on weekends is a bit small for our liking, but it sounds like a good tradeoff for excellent weekday hours.
Final thoughts with California Family Fitness
All-night-hours aren't available at any California Family Fitness location. We don't think it's a priority for them anyway, with the services and activities offered by the chain usually focused during daytime hours. Plus, early start hours at many gyms (4:30 AM) are some of the best in the industry.
Don't forget that their merger with In-Shape may change things a bit—we'll have all the latest info here.
Still on the hunt for a late night workout?
Check out the master list of all gyms that have 24/7 hours. Check it out: https://www.gymscompared.com/amenities/what-gyms-are-open-24-hours-a-day