Is 24 Hour Fitness open 24 hours a day?
So, is 24 Hour Fitness open 24 hours a day?
Yes, 24 Hour Fitness has locations that are open 24/7. We count exactly 110 of their gyms that have all-night operating hours. No other large, full service gym chain has this many clubs open at night—cementing 24 Hour Fitness as the leader in all-night-availability.
Which 24 Hour Fitness locations are open 24/7?
You've come to the right place. We're the largest database of gyms in the country, and we've compiled gyms with 24/7 hours. Scroll down the very bottom of this page to see the 110 locations for 24 Hour Fitness.
These clubs are scattered throughout the country, strategically setup so that most large cities and neighborhoods have at least one that's open late nearby. You'll find their 24/7 clubs in:
- Los Angeles and San Diego
- Houston and Dallas
- and many more
Tell me more about 24's operating hours.
All 110 locations with open-at-night hours are staffed. That means there is an employee on hand at all times. (Unstaffed gyms open 24/7 operate like hotels—you beep in with a card/key-fob).
Do we have a preference to one or the other? There are pros and cons to both, but a staffed gym like 24 Hour Fitness:
- Has employees that can help at all hours of the day. Ask them about your login/membership questions, to purchase retail items, alert of broken equipment or even change the channel on tv's.
- Gives you peace of mind that someone is nearby, if anything at all is needed.
- In an emergency situation (earthquake, fire, health, accident), a trained employee can lend a hand or even alert you to the issue.
Why aren't all 24 Hour Fitness locations open 24/7?
Managing a gym that is open all night long comes with some challenges. A combination of these things will drive the gym chain to determine if the location should be open or not. Some questions that all gym chains need to answer before staying open late:
- Is there enough demand from the members? This is the most important.
- Is the city/county in which the club resides "OK" with the hours? Smaller cities sometimes put restrictions on business hours.
- What safety requirements are needed to maintain a gym in case something goes wrong?
- Does the gym have enough staffing/resources to support all-night-hours?
Will 24 eventually open all their clubs up 24/7?
We don't think so—there's no need. During the re-opening of gyms post pandemic, 24 Hour Fitness kept their locations with standard closure operating hours. In the months and years later, they brought back the late night workouts, but not at all clubs.
This was a chance for them to strategically place all-night gyms in the right places. This means in major markets with multiple 24 Hour Fitness gyms, a few would stay open to serve their members. Locations that were smaller, didn't have all the amenities, or were maybe further from population centers stayed closed.
They may still add 24-hour-a-day options to a few more locations, but we generally feel like they're done.
So what time are their non-24/7 open?
Hours vary at all clubs, but the most common we've seen for those not open all night:
- Monday: 5:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Tuesday: 5:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Wednesday: 5:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Thursday: 5:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Friday: 5:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Saturday: 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Sunday: 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Solid opening times during the weekdays. We see people in their cars at 4:55 AM ready to go—so the 5:00 AM start is well warranted. Same goes for 6:00 AM on weekends—many other gym chains don't open their doors 'til 8:00 AM!
I thought all 24 Hour Fitness locations were 24-hours.
We thought the same—it's even in their name. Even with "just" 40% of their gyms open all night, it's still an enormous 110 locations nationwide you can slide in for a late night workout. That's the most of all major full service gym chains in the country.
Still hunting for a gym that's open all night long?
We've got you covered. This is the largest list of gyms with all-night-hours: https://www.gymscompared.com/amenities/what-gyms-are-open-24-hours-a-day
Wrapping it up with 24 Hour Fitness
If you're looking for a gym that's open 24-hours-a-day, we're sure you've already heard or considered this gym chain. With just about 40% of their locations offering up all-night services, you're likely to find one nearby.
24 Hour Fitness' 110 gyms open all night are actually the most by a large, full service gym chain. That means late night hoops or a group fitness studio all to yourself. Early morning turf stretches or bench presses—you can do that at 24.
We also applaud their excellent operating hours—both open earlier and closing later than most of their competitors.
Sure, we wish their entire network of 282 locations were open all night too, but as they've opened up more late-night-hours since the pandemic, they're still the leader in serving you for a full 24.