Does LA Fitness have childcare?
The challenges of parenthood are endless—I know you parents out there are busy balancing family, work, and personal commitments. What does that often leave out? Finding time for fitness.
Well, fellow parents: here's my advice for the ultimate game changer: A gym with childcare. It's truly a win-win for the entire family—I get a chance to break a sweat for an hour-ish, and my little one gets to mingle and play.
What about LA Fitness?
Yes! They absolutely do have childcare—at a stunning 70% of their locations. In fact, LA Fitness has the most amount of gyms with childcare in the entire country! We appreciate their dedication to busy parents—squeezing in a workout becomes much easier.
Awesome, tell me where I can find one!
We're tracking all 466 locations from LA Fitness. Whew! Of them, a total 328 offer childcare. Like we said, they're leading the country in the amount of gyms that offer this amenity.
With clubs completely all over the country, parents in desire of a one-stop-watch-my-kids-while-I-workout should be ecstatic.
What can I expect from LA Fitness' childcare offering?
While we just praised LA Fitness for having the most locations... We actually don't know too much about them!
Sure, you can watch their promo video, but we don't have any pages that spell out exactly what you'll get at each location.
Nonetheless, here are the key things we did gather:
- Carpeted, playful, kid-appropriate areas. Toys/activities typical of a day-care like environment
- Babysitters vetted with background checks. With many of their locations in California, we'd expect extensive compliance here from LA Fitness anyway
- We're unsure on age ranges, but other online sources have pointed to 2/3 years old to around 10/11.
We're going to push the LA Fitness team for more information here. While we do know they have hundreds of locations with childcare— full of happy kids no do doubt—we'd like to get a fuller description. Do circle back or join our mailing list for updates.
Is childcare free at LA Fitness?
Not sure. Conflicting numbers are all over the web, and LA Fitness' website doesn't make it clear. We've seen:
- "Free if you're a member"
- "$10 per visit, two-hour maximum"
- "$10 to 15 per month, unlimited"
Pricing is not consistent, so you'll need to connect with the individual gym of choice to get confirmation.
The gym's childcare is a gamechanger
- Convenient! On-site babysitting facilities means parents can reliably get their exercise done without fear or worry of their kids wellbeing. It becomes an actual one-stop for the day to make sure you don't miss a workout.
- Safe! Daycare facilities require certain health & safety standards, usually mandated by the county or city. This often means at least CPR certification, along with other safety protocols.
- Clear: We like when the childcare hours are clear and easily found. Unfortunately that's not the case for LA Fitness (and Esporta).
- Great Interaction: Many babysitting/daycare services at gyms focus on engaging playtime activities—giving your kids a stimulating environment where they may play games and with other kids.
- Peace of Mind: Happy kid = clear mind = great workout. All is intertwined. Knowing that your child is entertained and well-supervised gives you great peace of mind. Your mind is then clear to help give your body a great workout!
Congrats, parents! LA Fitness has gotta be on your list if you're looking for a kid-friendly gym. With their 328 gyms with childcare nationwide, you can probably find one nearby.
However, details on activities, ages, requirements and pricing is sparse. That's a whole lot of unknowns, but we're working to get answers for you.