Does Edge Fitness have daycare?
The challenges of parenthood are endless—I know you parents out there are busy balancing family, work, and personal commitments. What does that often leave out? Finding time for fitness.
Well, fellow parents: here's my advice for the ultimate game changer: A gym with childcare. It's truly a win-win for the entire family—I get a chance to break a sweat for an hour-ish, and my little one gets to mingle and play.
So, what about Edge Fitness?
Yes, Edge Fitness does have daycare, at nearly every single one of their gyms. This gym chain really does understand busy parents. With someone to help watch the kiddos, you're free to come in for a long sweat sesh.
Awesome, tell me which locations have it.
We're tracking every single one of Edge's 42 locations, and all but 2 of their gyms have childcare. Parents on the East Coast nearby to an Edge gym, should be elated to find childcare at 40 of their different locations.
Tell me more about Edge's childcare.
Sure. They do a great job outlining their kids offerings on this page, and here's what you need to know:
"Edge Kids" Our goal is to provide a safe and exciting environment which promotes having fun, being active, and healthy.
- Kids 3 months to 12 years are all welcome. Children under 2 years old have an exclusive infant/toddler area.
- Active programming/activities - Kids can partake in sports competitions, relays, team challenges and more. We see different kids options at different locations, which may include a rock wall, kids basketball court and more
- Safe and engaging - They focus on connecting and being active with your kids. That means supervised activities by trained and eager staff
Check out this great roundup article from the EDGE team that shows how important fitness is to young and developing minds.
Is childcare free for kids at Edge Fitness?
No, childcare isn't free at Edge. As of August 2023, it is a drop-in fee of $7. There are unlimited monthly membership options for your children, but that price is not listed, and only found at the individual location.
The gym's childcare is a gamechanger
- Safe! Daycare facilities require certain health & safety standards, usually mandated by the county or city. This often means at least CPR certification, along with other safety protocols.
- Convenient! On-site babysitting facilities means parents can reliably get their exercise done without fear or worry of their kids wellbeing. It becomes an actual one-stop for the day to make sure you don't miss a workout.
- Flexible: We like when the childcare hours are clear and easily found. This makes planning our workout both flexible and reliable. Parents, you know how it is to juggle schedules—especially around nap time!
- Great Interaction: Many babysitting/daycare services at gyms focus on engaging playtime activities—giving your kids a stimulating environment where they may play games and with other kids.
- Peace of Mind: Happy kid = clear mind = great workout. All is intertwined. Knowing that your child is entertained and well-supervised gives you great peace of mind. Your mind is then clear to help give your body a great workout!
Alright parents: Edge does offer childcare, at nearly every single one of their gyms. It's a $7 daily drop-in fee, but there are also options to go unlimited if you'd like. We're fans of the varied activities, as well as the heavy emphasis on active, engaged play. If you're in the East Coast nearby an Edge location, you and your kids should absolutely swing by to take a look.