Does Bay Club have childcare?
The challenges of parenthood are endless—I know you parents out there are busy balancing family, work, and personal commitments. What does that often leave out? Finding time for fitness.
Well, fellow parents: here's my advice for the ultimate game changer: A gym with childcare. It's truly a win-win for the entire family—I get a chance to break a sweat for an hour-ish, and my little one gets to mingle and play.
So, what about Bay Club?
Yes, they sure do. Bay Club offers childcare—but only at certain locations.
That's awesome new for parents nearby to those locations. Bay Club has some of the most varied and upscale amenities of all gyms we're tracking, so it makes complete sense to offer childcare as a one-stop-full-fitness provider.
Got it. Which locations have childcare?
The Bay Club has 22 total locations in California, and 13 of them have childcare.
This ranks Bay Club right in the middle of the pack of all gyms we track. As a boutique fitness operator, they offer so many more additional amenities compared to normal gym chains. And for growing families, it's awesome to see they also have childcare.
Tell me more about Bay Club's childcare.
Bay Club tops our list in terms of the various activities and programs offered to children. They break out their offerings into age tiers, with different ways to learn and play:
- Arts and crafts
- Pre-sport skills
- Active Play
- Pre-School Prepration
- "Young School"
- Group Games
- Sports Clinics
- Academic Support
- "Older School"
- Sports Clinics
- Academic Support
This is a varied, and significantly upgraded childcare program compared to traditional gym chains. And it's a bit expected: Bay Club is a higher end fitness offering that focuses on full family health and wellness.
Definitely no shortage of childcare options here.
Is childcare free for kids at Bay Club?
Yes. You get complimentary childcare for 3-hours per day (as long as your kids are included in your membership). That works for Couple, Family, Club West or Shared Membership types.
If your kids aren't part of those types above, you can pay a $25 per session fee—also good for three hours.
Childcare just makes sense for busy parents
- It's convenient! Babysitting service at the gym means parents can reliably get their exercise done without fear or worry of their kids wellbeing. It becomes an actual one-stop for the day to make sure you don't miss a workout.
- It's safe! Daycare facilities require certain health and safety standards, usually mandated by the county or city. This often means at least CPR certification, along with other safety protocols.
- Provides Interaction: Many babysitting/daycare services at gyms focus on engaging playtime activities—giving your kids a stimulating environment where they may play games and with other kids.
- It's flexible: We like when the childcare hours are clear and easily found. This makes planning our workout both flexible and reliable. Parents, you know how it is to juggle schedules—especially around nap time!
- It gives great Peace of Mind: Happy kid = clear mind = great workout. All is intertwined. Knowing that your child is entertained and well-supervised gives you great peace of mind. Your mind is then clear to help give your body a great workout!
Closing thoughts on childcare with Bay Club
Parents, if Bay Club is on your list, you wont be disappointed by their childcare offerings. Their overall amenity set is already gigantic, so no surprise that kids get the same amazing treatment. Yes, membership costs are more expensive that traditional gyms—but the expanded learning and development child options should be worth your consideration.